Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Miss Beadle's Bags

While this weekend was no home run for bag sales at the holiday craft fair in Sonoma, all was not lost. I met some nice artists, including two talented members of Roots Collaborative: Samantha Barsky of Note•ify greeting cards, and Emily Fitzpatrick of Cottage Home Decor Oilcloth Products. One of my highlights was meeting a cast member from my favorite childhood TV show, Little House on the Prairie. Charlotte Stewart played the sweet school teacher Miss Beadle. She was not a visitor at the craft show this weekend, but a vendor — and guess what? She is a bag-maker, of all things! Hers are small, cotton floral pouches, and great shopping totes made from recycled dog food bags. Knowing I was a Little House fan, and a fellow bag-maker, she signed a photo for me (usually reserved for her customers, with the purchase of a Charlotte Stewart bag). She made me swear not to tell anyone... but here I go spilling the beans! Seriously, how could I help myself? Click the image for Charlotte Stewart on Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment